Competence development under employment
When employed, you can develop your competence through short-term or long-term continuing education.
- Finnish universities provide teaching that is open to all and available to anyone regardless of age, basic training and goals.
Institutions for adult education
- Training is provided by institutions for non-formal adult education, such as summer universities, folk high schools, adult education centres and study centres.
- Training offerings for professional and personal development.
- Based on the principles of lifelong learning, the purpose of non-formal adult education is to promote people's versatile development and well-being as well as the materialisation of democracy, pluralism, sustainable development, multiculturalism and internationality.
- Non-formal adult education is not degree-oriented and its contents are not regulated by legislation.
Academic postgraduate education in a university
- Apprenticeship-type continuing education for highly educated people in the scope of 30–60 ECTS credits
- MBA programmes