We provide services for all stages of entrepreneurship, whether you are considering becoming an entrepreneur or are already an experienced entrepreneur. On this page you will find a summary of the services and benefits aimed at entrepreneurs.
Please remember to update the data of whether you are a part-time or a full-time entrepreneur in the member app, so that we can serve you better.
Legal counsel for new entrepreneurs
You can find general information and links to information in the following matters concerning entrepreneurship:
- Starting out as an entrepreneur
- Experts’ service agreements (when the agreement is being entered into)
- Shareholders’ agreements between a company’s shareholders (when the agreement is being entered into)
Please note that we only provide general information and legal advice on individual agreement terms. We do not draft agreements, perform comprehensive reviews of proposed agreements or handle disputes regarding interpretation or termination of contracts. Further, our services do not include tax advice or advice on social security matters.
Contact our Entrepreneurs’ legal service at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guides and agreement templates for entrepreneurs
- In the member app, you will find guides for starting a business (2021), drafting a partnership agreement (2019) and drafting a commission agreement (2018).
- We also provide plenty of different kinds of agreement templates (e.g. Managing Director agreement)
Entrepreneurs of Akava (Akavalaiset yrittäjät AKY) and a service package by the Finnish Business School Graduates
- The Finnish Business School Graduates, in cooperation with other Akava unions, has started the Entrepreneurs of Akava (Akavalaiset yrittäjät AKY) joint union. As our member, you will automatically also be a member of AKY.
- AKY is a member of the Finnish Business School Graduates, so you can gain access to the Finnish Business School Graduates extensive service package without separately joining the Finnish Business School Graduates as an individual member. Get the service package via the Finnish Business School Graduates.
- In addition to events and networking opportunities, AKY offers good benefits, such as occupational health care, for which AKY has already organised a tender competition. See all benefits on the AKY website.
Fondia’s Virtual Lawyer document template package free of charge (value EUR 240/year)
- Virtual Lawyer is Fondia’s legal databank that offers basic legal data for companies free of charge.
- The document package contains over 150 document templates, including instructions (e.g. document templates for starting a company, employment contracts, document templates for co-determination negotiations)
- Start using the service with a code available in the eLounge.
Palkkio+ invoicing service
- Via Palkkio+, you can send invoices with a total value of up to EUR 1,000 free of charge as a light entrepreneur, in other words, you do not need a business ID. If your earnings exceed EUR 1,000, the service charge is only 3.2%. The service is significantly cheaper than other invoicing services.
Career coaching, mentoring and networking
- You can also make use of the personal career coaching when you are considering questions related to entrepreneurship. We also provide assistance in pricing your personal specialist services.
- Via the mentoring programme, you can find a mentor who works in business, or share your experiences as a mentor.
- Networking with other members is easy through the member app.
Entrepreneurship and the unemployment fund
- There are two kinds of unemployment funds: for employees and for entrepreneurs. The KOKO unemployment fund is for employees. Entrepreneurs can join the Unemployment Fund for Entrepreneurs.
- If you are employed full-time but you also work as an entrepreneur part-time, we recommend joining the KOKO fund.
- If you are a full-time entrepreneur, you can join the KOKO fund earliest 18 months after starting your business.
- If you join the Unemployment Fund for Entrepreneurs, you must terminate your KOKO-kassa membership yourself or authorize the entrepreneur’s fund to do it for you. The rest of the year’s portion of the KOKO fund’s payment can then either be transferred to your next year’s membership fee or returned to you. Otherwise, we need a separate termination notice to terminate the membership of the KOKO fund.
Where can I receive advice on tax issues?
- The Finnish Business School Graduates does not provide tax consultation for entrepreneurs or employees.
- We recommend you join the Taxpayers Association of Finland (TAF), which offers expert legal counsel, advice on bookkeeping and courses. The Taxpayers Association of Finland also provides advice concerning taxation for non-members.
Things to remember when you become an entrepreneur
- Business plan
- Founding a company and choosing company form
- Partnership agreement
- Protecting your business concept
- Entrepreneur’s insurances
- Entrepreneur’s social security
- Employer obligations
- Official permissions
Useful links for entrepreneurs
- Ekonomiyrittäjät LinkedInissä
- Hekon ekonomiyrittäjät
- Akavan yrittäjäsivut
- AKY – Akavalaiset yrittäjät
- Suomen Yrittäjien palvelupaketti akateemisille yrittäjille
- NewCo Helsinki
- Suomen uusyrityskeskukset
- Patentti- ja rekisterihallitus
- TEKES – Business Finland